Our reward is the delight we see in the faces of our friends when they find out that we took so much effort in studying a song from his or her culture; but we find even more reward when we see the song become a tool for worshiping Jesus, for all the people of the church, when we translated it into a version that easy for all to sing. A threefold blessing!
Which songs fit the purposes of Songs2Serve:
- Songs from a specific (non-western) culture, which are made easily available for a congregation, by translating (parts of) the song in English
- Songs that suit different cultures, which are not commonly sung in ‘white’ churches in the west (for example: black gospel songs).
- Songs that have been converted to suit an intercultural context (for example: changing the rhythm)
- Secular songs that have been made suitable for use in the church (for example: adapting the lyrics).
- New songs that have been written for use in an intercultural (urban) church